Contact the Department of Ecology Regional Office for well construction questions: 

Contact information for this site is below. We have provided a brief FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) sheet which may answer your question more quickly.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I am the current well owner. Can I have the owner name on the well changed to mine?
A: No. The law requires that we record the original owner name for the well.

Q: How do I report a spelling error for the owner name on the well report?
A: Send the spelling correction to the Well Licensing Coordinator (below). Be sure to include the 'Well Report ID' number, the 'Well Tag ID' number (if present), the 1/4, 1/4, section number, township number and range location as it appears on the well report.

Q: What address are you using for my well?
A: The address is the physical street address of the well as it was reported when the well was originally drilled.

Contact Information

Central Regional Office
Benton, Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Klickitat, Okanogan, Yakima

Erin Gutierrez
(509) 454-7206

Eastern Regional Office
Adams, Asotin, Columbia, Ferry, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Lincoln,
Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens, Walla Walla, Whitman

Customer Service
Well report (log) assistance
(509) 329-3400
Northwest Regional Office
Island, King, Kitsap, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Whatcom

Arlene Harris
(425) 649-7020

Southwest Regional Office
Clallam, Clark, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, Lewis, Mason, Pacific,
Pierce, Skamania, Thurston, Wahkiakum

Opal Smitherman
(360) 407-6859

Persons with hearing loss can call 711 for Washington Relay Service.  Person with a speech disability can call 1-877-833-6341.

Contact Tara Roberts here: or at 360-407-6650 for questions regarding Notice of Intent forms and Well Report forms.

All other comments, problems, or suggestions can be directed to the Project Manager.